We used to have a specific Black Performer Award. Up until 2014, Black-Tgirls.com (a Grooby website) sponsored it’s own ‘Model of the Year’, the same way Kink, Shemale Strokers, Bobs-Tgirls etc. always have done.
We combined the ShemaleYum and Black-Tgirls Models of the Year into one fan voted, GroobyGirls Model of the Year for the last two years, mainly because it was hard to get enough people to participate in the voting process. And that’s where we are now.
We’re looking at having a ‘Best Black/Ethnic Performer of the Year’ category at the TEA’s. There are argument for and against it, which is why we want to hear your views.
- most of the fans of ebony models do not seem to use social media as much – or do not vote. Yet the models are there and the fans are there as we know from our sites.
- we would be more inclusive of more models.
- nominated models in a Black/Ethnic category are still eligible to be nominated in all other categories.
- we are celebrating diversity.
- is it more inclusive, or does it create another issue by having exclusive categories?
- are there enough models/performers working regularly to fill a whole category?
- do we alienate or cause offence to anyone not wanting to be in a different category?
We look forward to hearing from you either on Twitter: @TGEroticaAwards, Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TGEroticaAwards/ or via email at email@example.com