I hope you’re all as excited as we are for an awesome Trans Erotica Awards this weekend.
For many of you this is your first time, and for those regular attendees, some things have changes so this is a basic guide to help you navigate the weekend and have a safe, enjoyable and productive time!
- The guest list will close 12 noon EST on Friday 17th March. There are no ticket sales at the door and nobody will be admitted who isn’t on the list. If you are a guest of a sponsor, they should have added you to their list, please check with them.
- The Friday party runs 9pm-2am at The Bardot. Bring your ID. Dress code is : Party and Fun.
- Sunday TEA Show doors open at 7pm at The Avalon. Come and enjoy cocktails and mingling at the lovely bar inside the venue. Seating area will open later. Red carpet runs 7pm to 9.30pm sharp. The red carpet hosts will stop at 9.30pm. See more on red carpet below. Dress code for The TEA Show is dress glamorous. Absolutely no sports team uniforms. No nudity. Please be classy and gorgeous.
- There can be no face coverings at the show other than medical masks covering mouth and nose.
- We have a zero tolerance for any non-consensual touching, harassment or fighting. Anyone breaking these will be asked to leave with immediate effect. There will be no warning.
- On Sunday night, Moe will be positioned at the end of the bar (there should be a balloon over him). If you feel in any danger, uncomfortable or have any problems please approach him and let him know.
- Seating : we are at capacity on the table seating this year, thanks to a lot of new sponsors. Sponsors should have let you know if they have a seat reserved for you. The few spare seats we have, I prioritize previous winners and models at the show alone. If you have not received an email with a table number, then we do not have reserved seating for you. There will be some open seats at the loge area (back of main floor) on a first come first served basis, and the hidden secret is the top floor has loads of seating, the best view of the stage, and it’s not crowded. There is a reason that’s where I watch the show from every year!
- Please be friendly and gracious. We have many new models, and this may be a daunting prospect to be out at this sort of event. We’re an inclusive event, if sponsors have table space please invite others to sit, if someone is sat alone, invite them to join, you will make new friends and allies.
- There can be no nudity at the event. Anybody displaying nudity or engaging in sex acts at either of the events will be removed from the event. Be classy and represent yourself well.
The TEAs are a unique event. I don’t believe anywhere in the world has this many trans men and trans women who are adult performers, in one space at the same time. It’s an amazing opportunity to make friends, allies and forge new business relationships. However, you are responsible for yourself so please ensure your usual safety precautions before sharing information or arranging meets or shoots.
Unfortunately we cannot accommodate all attendees on the red carpet so it reserved for nominees, main sponsors, and certain invitees. There is always a wait for the red carpet so the earlier you get there, the shorter your wait. It’s currently cool in Los Angeles although it’s not showing rain for Sunday evening. When you arrive at the front of the red carpet queue, please give your stage name to the red carpet manager, who will direct you. After exiting the red carpet you can go directly into the show.
Note: there may be some people who are taken to the front of the line of the red carpet. I appreciate how frustrating this can be, but each of these people is selected by Kristel or myself, and are either previous Lifetime Award Winners, or other industry guests. Please be patient with our management team.
Any questiions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or via twitter @groobysteven